Body contouring refers to the process of refining the shape of different parts of the external body. This may be necessary after periods of immense weight loss to remove any sagging skin and excess fat that may be unsightly. It also removes cellulite that accumulates under the skin to form dimples.
When is it required?
Slimming and toning the body, reduction of cellulite and the loss of inches and fat are all part of the body contouring procedure.
Indications in which it is sought for:
1) Removal of excess localised fat in abdomen, thighs, arms, love handles, buttocks, double chin etc.
2) Cellulite reduction, more so in the lower body
3) Post liposuction/bariatric surgery skin tightening and contouring
4) Post pregnancy skin sagging and fat reduction
What are the causes of fat excess and cellulite?
Cellulite is the ripply appearance of the skin due to underlying disordered fat and fibrous tissue arrangement; it may or may not be associated with obesity.
- There are several causes of excessive fat deposition in the human body, including predisposing Genetic factors & lack of physical exercises.
- Women are more likely to have excessive fat deposition and cellulite under the skin than men due to the difference in metabolic rates.
- Persistent disorders in the metabolic process, as well as hormonal imbalances may bring about excessive fat deposition in a human body.
How is body contouring done?
This is done by the following non surgical techniques,
1) Ultrasonic lipolysis, and radiofrequency tightening
3) Fat freezing lasers
4) Laser liposuction
Ultrasonic lipolysis is becoming increasingly popular due to its safety, painless technique, and good results at Shape in slimming Centre. The fat once detected is bombarded with ultrasound frequencies. The excess fat is removed by the body’s natural drainage systems like the kidneys and the liver. The number of sessions needed can be 8-15 depending on the size of area to be treated. It is followed by a radiofrequency tightening technique that are unipolar and bipolar to tighten up the loose skin resulting after the fat loss. The collagen fibers under the skin are heated, causing them to contract. This contraction will lead to tightening of the subcutaneous tissue and remodeling that removes dimples and wrinkles and smoothens the body contour.
These have to be combined with a regulated diet and exercise to maintain the results.
What happens after treatment?
The skin may look reddish.There is almost instant loss of 2-3 cm and feeling of tightening of skin.
You are advised to drink lots of water to flush out the dissolved fat from the body.
Exercise can be resumed the next day.
No side effects have been found with this therapy.